Pages

Saturday

The Paper Cut Project - Amazing Paper Hairpieces

The Paper Cut project is Atlanta based artists Amy Flurry and Nikki Nye (formerly Nikki Salk), who aim to transform paper into unique and outstanding wigs. This includes amazing 18th century hairpieces, which seem to defy gravity and rise to incredible heights. I love paper sculpture and Amy and Nikki's work shows such depth and detail.

"Our custom-made paper art installations are fuled by a love of fashion and an appreciation of the grace and nuance of this humble material."

Their work is very popular all over the world and the duo have exhibited and presented work in New York, the V&A in London and Italian Vogue! I wish I'd had the chance to go and see their work for myself at the V&A's Hollywood Costume exhibition last month! I will definitely be keeping my eye out for their work in the future.

You can see more of The Paper Cut project's hairpieces and masks on their website.









No comments:

Post a Comment