Pages

Tuesday

The Bicycle Animation

Really interesting project from Katy Beveridge looking into the way animation is made. Her work is an exploration into the proto animation and zoetrope techniques showing you can animation in real time. When I first saw this it reminded me of Nexus Production's dircetor Jim Le Ferve's project creating a zoetrope using blue tack. You can see his work here http://vimeo.com/5507203. Katy's bicycle animation is really nicely put together, and very creative. I could see these being sold as bicycle accessories! I would definitely want one! You can see Katy's blog here http://www.katybeveridge.com/ 


"With my work I wanted to take it to the point where the whole animation, including the mechanism was all human driven. In such I hope to share with the viewer the exciting technical aspects of animation, that magical moment where we see something come to life for the first time, an experience usually limited to animators alone." 

No comments:

Post a Comment