Pages

Saturday

The Saatchi Gallery

I went up to Sloan Square in London yesterday to visit my friend for her birthday. It was a lovely sunny day and we had a good walk up Kings road, stopping off for some frozen yoghurt at snog. We also popped into the Saatchi Gallery, I had never actually been which is terrible as I'm a Londoner! 

There were some really nice pieces of work, I particularly liked Idris Kahn's "Every... Bernd and Hiller Becha..." series of photographs. He has overlaid several images of industrial structures compiling them into a single image. The photographs are digitally edited and the transparency adjusted to give them a ghostly appearance and an impression of energy and movement. This work relates to one of my projects for my Self Directed Study where I am trying to create motion in a single image.




No comments:

Post a Comment