Pages

Monday

I'm not there


These clever photographs are a series of self portraits by Pol Ubeda Hervas. The Photograper from Barcelona started this work after changes in his life left him unsure of who he was.
"How can we accept that we are changing? How can we accept we hardly recognize ourselves in certain situations? I am changing at this very moment of my life. I do not react in the same ways I used to. I am surprised. Is that me? These pictures are the way I see myself now. My shadow is there but I erase myself because I don´t know who I am any longer. The shoes remain only to make sure there is something more than… a shadow. "
I love the compositions of the photographs and how the shadow contrasts against the backdrop. Leaving the shoes behind create an almost magical quality to the photographs. You can see more of Pol Ubeda Hervas' work on his flickr page. http://www.flickr.com/photos/polubeda/sets/72157629129960582/


 

No comments:

Post a Comment