Pages

Tuesday

BP Portrait Award 2010

On my day off yesterday i met up with my friend Jennie to go to the National Portrait gallery, we had a look at the BP Portrait Award exhibition. We saw some of the best contemporary portrait paintings from a variety of styles and artists. I couldn't resist buying a couple of postcards on my way home. The portrait on the left is called 'iDeath' by Michal Ozibko, the piece is stunning and so realistic. The girl is wearing ipod earphones and this represents how young people often appear closed off to the world. The piece is an oil painting on an acrylic background on canvas. The portrait on the right is called 'Inside Outside (Clare with Claire)' by Brian Shields. The piece is part of an on going project called 'preparing to fly'. I was drawn to the vibrant colours and details of the painted birds, and like how they are slightly raised from the canvas. The portrait is painted with acrylic on canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment